Friday, August 17, 2012

Cook | Spinach & Potato Salad

Sometimes (well.... who am I kidding, most times) I can't be bothered with lunch. It really annoys me! I hate having to cook double in a day, and I'm not a super huge fan of sandwiches. But I've been trying hard to eat healthy lunches and found the key to being motivated to eat lunch is simple food and pre preparation!

With this Spinach & Potato salad for instance, I cooked the potatoes and the eggs the night before while I was already cooking dinner, and put it in the fridge ready to be mixed with greens and hey presto - that's lunch!

This salad is simple and delicious... it doesn't really need much of an explanation but you can find the recipe below.


Spinach & Potato Salad

Spinach & Potato Salad

Ingredients

1 bunch baby spinach 
1 bunch watercress
3 hard boiled eggs 
6-8 baby potatoes, washed but not peeled
Salt to taste
Squeeze of lemon juice
Splash of olive oil
Optional extra - Labne

Method

Boil the potatoes whole until just soft, set aside to cool. Cut into quarters.
Boil the eggs, set aside to cool. Cut into quarters.
Rinse & drain greens.
Put all ingredients into a big bowl and toss with lemon juice, olive oil and salt.

Serve with some labne if you want. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Comment away!